If you are bored with your kitchen cabinets, you may consider painting kitchen cabinets. We definitely recommend it, especially if you are looking for a budget-friendly method. In addition to being budget-friendly, it will be hand-made. A kitchen cabinet update is easily the best way to get a new kitchen look. However, sometimes you need more than just a gallon of paint for kitchen cabinets. We have prepared this article for you to learn how to paint kitchen cabinets. After painting your kitchen cabinets, cooking will become much more enjoyable for you. Choosing the best paint for kitchen cabinets is one of the most important details for a nice kitchen. Therefore, selecting the best kitchen cabinet colors for your kitchen is crucial. Let’s look at the tips!
Why Should You Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets?
First, let’s talk about the benefits of painting your kitchen cabinet. Painting kitchen cabinets have perhaps several benefits. Yet, we wanted to talk about a few main ones for you. First of all, it is budget-friendly. If you paint kitchen cabinets yourself, you will spend much less than buying new ones. Another advantage is that it will not cause a significant renovation. Finally, it is environmentally friendly.
Cost of Painting Kitchen Cabinets
We know that you are curious about how much it costs to paint kitchen cabinets. Kitchen renovation is one of the most expensive renovations. Changing the kitchen cabinets in this project will cover a large part of the cost. To get a clearer price, you should visit the hardware stores around you, but we can say that it will cost much less because you will not have to change the kitchen cabinets.
Kitchen Cabinets Colors Should Not Be in the Background
Let’s continue with the best paint colors for cabinets. Color is the first thing you and your guests notice when they enter the kitchen. As you know, colors also have a lot to do with emotions. If you want a warm and inviting kitchen, we recommend choosing warmer colors such as yellow and orange. If you want it to be calmer, you should choose blue and green tones. Remember, the combination of colors is a critical detail.
Common Painting Kitchen Cabinets Methods
There are different methods for kitchen cabinet updates. You may like some and dislike some. We will mention three standard painting kitchen cabinet methods we have selected for you; it is up to you.
- The first method we will mention is the paintbrush. This is the first method that comes to mind. It takes more time than other methods, but you can get smooth kitchen cabinets with proper working. We recommend that you buy a quality paint brush for this.
- The second method is the paint roller. This is also a common method. Again, we recommend choosing the quality one for smooth kitchen cabinets.
- The last method we will mention is the paint sprayer. This is the fastest painting method. However, it is not preferred very often. It is a method chosen by professionals mostly. As a result, it provides you with a smooth kitchen cabinet.
- If you do not have access to a paint sprayer, that still does not stop you from getting smooth kitchen cabinets. You can have them with quality brushes or rollers.
Should We Peel the Kitchen Cabinets Before Painting Them?
If your current paint is a transparent coat, we recommend peeling it off before painting kitchen cabinets. However, this is not always necessary. Depending on the surface, cleaning and sanding may sometimes be sufficient.
Should You Paint Bright or Matte?
If we go back to the best paint colors for cabinets, it is a vital detail whether the paint of the kitchen cabinets should be bright or matte. If you choose bright, this will reflect the light and give the wall a shine. In addition to this benefit, it stands smoother and is easier to clean. However, matte paints will be a little more challenging to clean. The advantage of matte paint is that it will not show the imperfections in the paint, as it will be easier to touch up on it.
Painting Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
If you want to paint your kitchen cabinets like a pro, we have also prepared a few tips for that.
- Create space for the painting process: Create a space after you have all your supplies. In this way, your materials will become easily accessible. Simply put, this process will prevent paint from dripping on the floor.
- Label the pieces: You will be very comfortable if you label the cabinet doors, drawers, and boxes before starting the process. You can use tapes for these. This way, when you come to the re-montage process, you can easily find which part belongs.
- Clean the surfaces: This is a very important detail in the kitchen cabinet painting process. Before starting the painting, you should clean the dirt in the kitchen cabinets, such as accumulated oil residues. Having a clean surface at the beginning will also ensure that you get the best results from the painting process.
- Keep cleaning: In order to have a perfect kitchen cabinet update, you should continue cleaning. Be sure to remove sanding dust and newly formed dirt before moving on to the following process. You can use a vacuum or a wet cloth for this.
This post was a sign of giving your kitchen a new look! We know some steps may have seemed troublesome to you; it is laborious work. However, if you follow these tips, you will have new kitchen cabinets that look very nice.
If you want to learn more about home decorations, ideas, diy project etc. you can read our other blog posts. Here are some of them: “Kitchen Remodeling Do’s and Don’ts” , “How to Start a Bullet Journal” and “DIY Project: How to Make Candles“